Based on Patient Feedback We've Made The Following Improvements
- We have upgraded our phone and phone line systems, allowing patients easier access when contacting the Surgery. The new system will inform patients where they are in the queue and the approximate wait time before their call will be answered. This information will also enable us to increase our staffing levels to respond to changes in demand throughout the week.
- We have launched a new mobile compatible website, offering more information to patients regarding the services we offer and how to access them.
- We have created a new patient leaflet (see links below), giving patients more information regarding our services and how to access them.
- We have launched Q-Doctor Video consultations, allowing more routine appointments to become available to patients. Please let us know what you think if you have used this option.
- eConsult is now available, enabling more doctor access for online consultations. Click the eConsult banner on our home page to try it now.
- Routine GP appointments are available to be booked from 14:00 daily for 14 days in advance.
- Our same day Urgent care service has been reviewed providing a centralised urgent care team across all our surgeries. Please phone from 08:00 to 10:30 and reopen at 14:00 to 17:00 for same day, urgent care.
Read Our New Patient Information Leaflet
Weston Lane Patient Leaflet
Harefield Patient Leaflet
Click on the link above for a downloadable patient information leaflet for either Weston Lane or Harefield.
Mailing Address on Correspondence
Please note that the official mailing address of the Living Well Partnership is Ladies Walk Practice. This means that any written communications you receive a copy of (such as discharge summaries from hospitals) will therefore be addressed to Ladies Walk Practice and a GP you may not be familiar with, rather than your regular surgery and GP.
We would like to reassure you that this does not have any impact on the care you receive from your regular surgery and your GP will continue to receive all correspondence about you.
A reminder that our surgery sites are Ladies Walk, Weston Lane, Bitterne Park, Midanbury and Harefield.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with the Reception Lead at your registered surgery who will be happy to help further.
Who Are The CQC?
The Care Quality Commission (CQC are the independent regulator of health and social care in England.
They make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
The Practice was inspected by the Care Quality Commission on 11th November 2016.
We were rated as GOOD
CQC Report November 2016
To read Weston Lane Surgery's CQC report, click HERE.
Evening and Weekend Appointments
If you are registered with a GP practice in Southampton, you can now get an appointment with a doctor or nurse from 8am to 8pm every weekday (including bank holidays), 8am to 4pm on Saturday and 8am to 2pm on Sunday. This appointment will be at one of the hubs throughout the city.
These appointment slots are for a variety of different clinics and can be booked through your GP practice when they are open or by phoning NHS 111 if your practice is closed. NHS 111 is free to phone and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
You Can Now Self-Refer to Physiotherapy
Please print and complete the form and phone 02380 170 611 to arrange an appointment.
Physiotherapy Self-Referral Form
This service should only be used for patients wishing to have physiotherapy for musculoskeletal problems (back/neck pain, joint pain, soft tissue injuries). If you are under the age of 16, or wish to have treatment for lung or respiratory conditions, a neurological problem such as multiple sclerosis, parkinsons, stroke or an obstetric/gynaecological problem, you would have to be referred by your GP in the normal way and to the appropriate physiotherapy service.
Alternatively, you can self-refer to the Solent MSK Physiotherapy Service using the below form:
Solent MSK Physiotherapy Self-Referral Form